Off for two weeks after tweaking my shoulder and neck muscles on the left side, then the week after that, off for two more weeks after tweaking my right shoulder, I finally got a chance to give the kettlebells a proper workout in my new home gym.
After helping my friends Craig and Karen move on the weekend, I was pretty dog tired for a couple days. They’ve got a lot of stuff! Still wasn’t quite feeling 100% up to snuff, and after nearly a five week hiatus from regular lifting, I had that feels-like-maybe-I-should-puke sensation mid-workout. Let’s see if I can stay uninjured long enough to get back into the swing of things.
Also got my GymBoss interval timer, so I was able to time the workout more easily. Quite handy when doing the top-of-the-minute rep workouts.
New Gym, Weak Shoulders Workout
- 8 minutes of warm-ups: Shoulder Blade Wall Walk, Turkish Half-up, Turkish Get-up.
- 6 minutes: One-leg Deadlift x 5 per leg, Table Top x 5.
- 6 minutes of Shoulder work: RKC Shoulder Rotator, RKC Arm Bar. Just using a mini 4 kg kettlebell, as I’m still learning the form for these moves.
- 6 mintues: Kettlebell Squats x 10 w/ 24 kg, Walking Plank x 6.
- 12 minutes: Kettlebell Swings, doing 15 reps at the top of each minute.
- Cool down: Rear Arch x 3, Scorpion x 10, assorted stretching. Shower!